In 1955, it was back to bronze for the 10-centavo coin, which was issued until 1967 before going back again to a copper-nickel (and much smaller) coin. Since this is likely the last 10-centavo issue I will add to the Coin Zoo, let's recap the history of metals and sizes:
- silver (1905-1914)
- smaller silver (1919)
- huge bronze (1919-1921)
- new version of the smaller silver (1925-1935)
- return to the large bronze (1935)
- medium copper-nickel (1936-1946)
- medium bronze -- this coin (1955-1967)
- small copper-nickel (1974-1980)
Reform coinage came in 1982, featuring a stainless steel 10-centavo coin.
All coin images in Daniel's Coin Zoo are from my personal collection. I collect, research, and personally photograph every coin displayed on this site. PLEASE do not take my images without permission. If you would like to use any coin image you see, just ask me. Thank you.